Happy Tuesday neighbours! Let’s start this day. Here is everything you need to know around three towns today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and windy. High: 54, low: 38.
Here are the top 5 Three Village stories today:
- Three Village Craft Market is looking for local vendors. If you’re a farmer, musician, nonprofit, or have a product to sell, join the Three Villages Market as a vendor when it opens on June 3. Please contact Linda at 631-901-7151 or Linda@ChocologyUnlimited.com for more details. . (Facebook)
- The Spring Jazz Festival is set to return March 22-27. The festival is a concert series created in 2018, which features local artists performing live music at restaurants and shops in the Stony Brook and Setauket area. Performances will also take place at Stony Brook University’s Staller Center for the Arts and Jazz Loft. (tbrnewsmedia)
- The Emma Clark Memorial Library will host a seminar on how to protect your privacy online.
The class will discuss how to secure our presence on social media, online banking, etc. The event is set for March 25 at 7 p.m. (ECML)
- The Rotary Club of Port Jefferson Golf Classic will host its 5th annual Indoor Putt & Pub Crawl. The event is set for April 9, from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Register on portjeffrotary.org. (PJCofC)
- News nearby: Buyers of Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturizer be warned because it may contain harmful bacteria. “The Food and Drug Administration is asking consumers to check their three-ounce and 10-ounce bottles of moisturizer. Bottles may be contaminated with bacteria that can cause infections in people with weakened immune systems. Consumers who want information or a refund should call 1-800-742-8798.” (LongIslandNews12)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts? (CNET reviewers called the new system – known as the the Ring Alarm Pro – “A giant leap forward for home security.”) So why the kudos?
In a nutshell: Ring Alarm Pro can protect your home online and offline. It includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router to help you get reliable physical and digital security in one innovative device. Now you can help protect your home with all the benefits of the Ring Alarm, to keep your home safe and secure, while enjoying fast and reliable connectivity.
To learn more about the CNET system called “the future of home security” or to create your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Three Village:
- fortnite tournament — Port Jefferson Free Library. (6 p.m.)
- ONLINE Individual Genealogical Assistance (Comsewogue). (6 p.m.)
- Songs, melodies and stories from Ireland at the ECML. (In person). (7 p.m.)
- Lara Saldanha, Harpsichord Recital — Stony Brook University. (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- “Port Jefferson’s spring documentary series will have its next session on Monday, April 11 with a screening of “The Automat.” The event will begin at 7 p.m. at the Theater Tree located at 412 Main St., Port Jefferson. Tickets are $10 per person at the door.” (tbrnewsmedia)
- “Nationally acclaimed artists and local favorites will take the stage at the Mayday Music Festival in Southaven County Park in Yaphank on May 14. High profile artists expected to appear include Spin Doctors, Deer Tick, Crash Test Dummies, Sahara Moon, The Smithereens with Marshall Crenshaw and Dave Hause & The Mermaid.” (Greater Long Island)
- Click on the link to see 20 photos: It was a perfect afternoon for a St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Patchogue. (Greater Long Island)
- Historical Society of the Three Villages: “Red coat invasion at TVHS! They even recruited our young historian, Owen, to march with the loyalists!” (Facebook)
- Setauket Fire Department: “Honoring Chief Siegel and Chief Hart for 50 years of service and being named Honorary Chiefs.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Alert Day: Understand Your Risk (March 22)
- Registration for Tai Chi classes Beginner class available (March 31)
- U2 Easter Show with 2U – The 2nd Best U2 Show in the World! (April 16)
- Add your event
Other classified ads:
Do you like the Three Village Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Thanks for following and staying informed! I’ll join you early tomorrow morning with another update.
— Debora WhiteHead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Please contact me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.