Happy Friday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know to start the day. Here’s what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Getting windier and cooler. High: 54 Low: 33.
Here are the top three stories in Catonsville today:
- Landlords in Maryland rely heavily on tenant screening companies that compile information beyond what’s found in tenants’ credit reports, including criminal history, eviction records, and more. But tenant screening is less regulated, the algorithms used are not accurate, and errors are common due to false eviction reports or criminal records. Also, tenants usually cannot get information about why they were considered a risk. Kim Fuller and her 83-year-old mother had to move out of Baltimore because they kept getting turned down by tenant screening companies, even though she had a good credit rating. Fuller and her mother moved to Catonsville instead. (Raw story)
- The Catonsville girls’ softball team won five to four against Towson on March 30 at Catonsville High School. Senior Maggie Kreis pitched all game and struck out seven batters. Abby Mitchell had two doubles and scored two runs. Catonsville coach Paul Harris said Mitchell “was awesome today, she got our team MVP because of it. She did a tremendous job.” (Baltimore Sun)
- Junior of Catonsville, is a pitcher for the Stevens Institute of Technology softball team. On March 30, Kreis struck out three batters, allowed just two hits through the first four innings, and allowed just one earned run through six innings. (Stevens Institute of Technology)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET has called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- Baltimore County Fire Department weather safety tips! See link for more information. (Facebook)
- Catonsville Senior Center thanks all the local doctors! See the full message here. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Catonsville Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves to read, walk around the city and have a coffee!